Alex Scott (Kiltmakers)

Alex Scott & Co. (Kiltmakers) LTD have been proudly trading since 1925 in the heart of Aberdeen, Scotland. Here you can learn more about our history and the people who make our customers happy. Alexander Scott founded Alex Scott on 6th August 1925. He had formally been in partnership with his brother John in A & J Scott, which was established in 1901. The brothers had decided to go their separate ways and Alexander opened his shop, Alex Scott & Co (Tailors and Outfitters) Ltd at 56/60 St Nicholas Street, Aberdeen.

As well as tailoring, the name "Scott" had been associated with Kilt making and Highland Wear since the beginning of the twentieth century. Kilts were hand tailored and fitted on the premises for both men and ladies (just as they are today) by master kiltmakers. Kilt Jackets, Prince Charlies and Tweed Jackets were also made on the premises in the tailoring department. Another clothing department was introduced in 1928 specialising in uniforms for the Merchant Navy.